Career Level Officer
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
Job Title: Finance Officer
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Accountant
About Higherlife Foundation
Higherlife Foundation (Higherlife) is a social impact organization that invests in human capital to build thriving individuals, communities, and sustainable livelihoods. Founded by Strive and Tsitsi Masiyiwa in 1996, the Foundation was first launched in Zimbabwe and has since spread its footprint to Lesotho, Burundi, Rwanda, Swaziland, South Africa, and Kenya. Higherlife Foundation implements projects in Education; Health; Rural Transformation and Sustainable Livelihoods; and Disaster Relief and Preparedness impacting millions of lives in the communities it serves.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities are carried out in accordance with the Foundation’s guidelines.
- Prepare weekly reports
- Tracking project payments
- Prepares monthly management accounts
- Prepares monthly accounting reconciliation schedules and reports
- Check inventory reconciliations and reports
- Provides auditors with information to conduct their tasks as per instruction
- Attends to internal and external audit queries as per instruction
- Checks for accuracy and completeness of payments and necessary attachments
- Checks Withholding Tax returns and submits to the Accountant.
- Identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for cost effectiveness
- Conducts routine Petty cash spot-checks for completeness
- Updates the fixed assets register monthly
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working towards a membership of a professional body
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in program management and/or organizational development.
- Must be able to work well under minimum supervision.
- Clean Class 4 Drivers licence an added advantage
How to Apply
Please apply directly on EconetZimbabweRecruitment
Deadline: 30 September 2022.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.
Higherlife Foundation is part of the Econet Group and an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status or age. Higherlife Foundation does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees). While Higherlife Foundation may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only Higherlife Foundation has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of Higherlife Foundation.